ACCESSIBILITY PLAN AND POLICIES FOR HR OPTIONS, INC.
This accessibility plan outlines the policies and actions that HR Options, Inc. (“HR Options”) has in place to improve opportunities for people with disabilities.
Statement of Commitment
HR Options is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Accessible Emergency Information
HR Options is committed to providing customers and clients with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
All of HR Options’ current Ontario staff have been trained on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities.
HR Options will take the following steps to ensure that new Ontario employees are provided with the training needed to meet Ontario’s accessible laws on an ongoing basis.
- Train all Ontario new hires on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities on a quarterly basis.
Information and Communications
HR Options has taken the following steps to make all new websites and content on those sites conform with WCAG 2.0, Level A.
- Review the WCAG 2.0, Level A guidelines and phase in the changes necessary to comply
- Continuously review web content, and WCAG 2.0, Level AA guidelines, and ensure that we phase in changes so that our website is fully compliant
- All employees are already trained to inform all customers in person, on the phone, via email or other communication method, of the existing feedback process, and to provide the appropriate forms possible, or alternatively, to guide them to the available resources.
- The Contact Us and Chat section of our website can be used by the public to request more information regarding our Accessibility Policies. A feedback form will be provided upon request.
We will take the following steps to notify the public and staff that, when requested, HR Options will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired.
- Notify all applicants that HR Options will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes in all job postings
- Hold interviews at an accessible location when required
- Provide additional time for tests/assessments when required
- Take reasonable measures to modify an employee’s work space to ensure that it accommodates their disability (i.e. magnifying screens, proper lighting, wheelchair access, etc.)
- Assess the recommendations made by attending physicians
- Create a comprehensive return-to-work plan
- Take reasonable measures to modify an employee’s work space to ensure that it accommodates their disability based on their physician’s recommendations (i.e. magnifying screens, proper lighting, wheelchair access, etc.)
We will take the following steps to ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account if HR Options is using performance management, career development and redeployment processes.
- We have trained all Ontario Managers, Supervisors, and Directors on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities
- Ensure that the performance management tools are available in different formats if needed
HR Options will take the following steps to prevent and remove other accessibility barriers identified.
- We will conduct accessibility inspections along with workplace inspections and make any recommendations for removal of physical barriers that are identified
- We will continue to be aware of non-physical disabilities, and try to find tools that can help overcome barriers if/when necessary
- When undertaking any future renovation to the property, we will consider accessibility and, if reasonable, will include accessibility in new designs
For More Information
Director of Canada Services, HR Options, Inc.